House Updates

6:30 AM




Our little home got a makeover courtesy of my husband.  If you remember from this post, we were contemplating painting our shutters and front door black.  We are really pleased with how it came out! We think it was a good choice :)  Yes, we need landscaping.



I've been trying to make our small entryway a little bit more useful.  We received this beautiful painting from our realtor as a closing gift and it hangs on the wall right as you walk in above the wall hooks.  I'm all about avoiding clutter and I knew I didn't want to use our console table or dining table for mail/keys/junk, so the wall hooks are perfect.  The painting was such a thoughtful gift!  I'm also thinking about adding a bench for this wall as well.




I looked everywhere possible for the perfect entry table and finally settled on this one.  Our dining room set and china cabinet are dark and sits right across from this wall so I knew I wanted something lighter.  This table is a little more feminine than any other furniture we have and it works great.  It obviously needs more on the table/wall.  Baby steps!




Okay, I know y'all are tired of hearing about my black thumb, but maybe you don't realize how bad it is.  However, my husband potted this hibiscus for me and I have not killed it! I was so happy to see this many flowers one morning.  Hopefully this will continue...





Picking out pillows is way harder than I had ever imagined.  Same thing with curtains and lights... anyway, I finally found these ticking stripe pillows from Etsy here and the floral pillow here.  I am so happy with them and the quality is amazing.  Excited to finally have some color in our den.  Remember to buy your inserts two inches larger than the covers to get the fuller look!  I found the pillow inserts on Amazon - they had some at great prices there.  What did we ever do with out Amazon?



So we decided to move this bookcase down to our den.  The room is so large and there was so much empty space.  It is the perfect solution for all of my jars and creates more shelf space for my new things.  We'll see how much I rearrange with this one.





Sorry about the photobomb but Tater really wanted to be in this picture! Really though. He wouldn't get out of the way! I finally caved in and bought the bar cart from Target.  I realized that it was a good deal and that my luck would never allow me to find a good price on a vintage one.  It actually works perfectly in our room.  I am hoping to find the perfect accessories for it!  We obviously need to stock our bar some.



I'm also slightly obsessed with these tortoise cocktail glasses.  I have been lusting after these from Furbish and Design Darling but I knew I would somehow find a better deal on them and I did!  They are from Wayfair - the prices on these have gone up since I've purchased them but keep an eye on them if you also want a set.




Finally, I spotted this little garden stool at Home Goods and knew it was the one!  Sure, I don't have a patio right now (we are going to re-do ours) but it works perfectly indoors until we can utilize our space out there.

We still have so many things we want to do and we are having the best time making this house our first home! I'll keep you posted on any other updates!  


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ahh so jealous about the garden stool!! Jenn

    ReplyDelete