Plaid for Days

7:00 AM

I know I'm officially in the mood for fall when I start finding a reason to dress myself or my house in plaid.  Nothing says season change like tartan and buffalo checks.  Of course my arch nemesis favorite store Target has been trying to empty my checking account one item at a time since they introduced their plaid-heavy fall collection.

Can't you just picture that buffalo check dress with a back turtle neck or blouse, or a with a leather jacket over top and black boots? I'm always a sucker for long dresses because I feel like I can dress them up or down.

And of course Target isn't the only place you can't go two steps without finding another plaid accessory for your closet or home.  I'm strongly leaning towards investing in a cape this year, and am likely going to stock up on another plaid wrap or blanket scarf just because I get sick of seeing my gray wool coat all winter long and throwing on an oversized scarf helps change up the look.  Here are some of my favorite plaid looks this year -- I already missed my chance to buy that plaid weekender bag from the Adam Lippes for Target collection but maybe it will come back in stock soon...
Plaid Blanket Poncho ($35); J.Crew Cape; J.Crew Plaid Shirt; Madewell Dress
Scarves: 1 ($19.99); 2; 3
Bags: Target Plaid Weekender Bag (sold out online!); Tori Burch crossbody


You Might Also Like

0 comments