Dining Room Update

7:00 AM

The dining room has kind of become my grown up play room.  You know, that area of the house where I can pretend that I too could be a professional interior decorator.  After seeing so much beautiful pattern mixing from personal faves like Jamie Meares at Furbish and Mrs. V over at Chez V I decided to take the plunge and go full-out floral meets chinoiserie madcap.  And I love it.


Before:


I was really happy with my dining room before, but it felt a little stuffy and old after looking at other fantastic table settings from the internet.  

The Inspiration:

Jamie Meares' boho dining table for TheLocalPalate
via
The After:





I love how much brighter and vibrant things look with the floral tablecloth, though I know that when fall comes I might want to transition to something a bit more seasonal.  Embrace color; get a little crazy -- matching is over rated.






Wanting to add a little color to your table?  The tablecloth I used above is on sale at your local World Market but is out of stock online. Linked are some others that I think would also look great!


You Might Also Like

0 comments