Throw a Rug Over It

7:00 AM

It's easy to make everything look amazing on the internet.  Turn up the brightness and midtones, add in a little more color saturation.  Amateur photoshop skills means reality gets a nice soft glow:



But the reality of my bedroom is that when I walk inside all I can really see is this:


My husband has reassured me that it is my own breed of insanity that this spot destroys all sense of mental tranquility for me when I step through our bedroom door, but I know I'm not the only one out there that can't live with carpet stains.  If this stain was my fault, I think I wouldn't care.  But it came with the house -- a reminder that someone at one point spilled perfume or their dog had an accident. But it wasn't my perfume or my dog.  It's like a constant beacon of foreignness in the room designated for my relaxation.

It had to go.

After trying a concoction of industrial and then "make your own" carpet cleaners, the above picture is as good as it gets.  By the way, making your own carpet cleaner with baking soda and vinegar may yellow your carpet a bit if you don't really wash that vinegar out all the way.  Just a heads up.

My solution?  Well I guess reading the title of this post gave it away.


Unfortunately I can't get my bedroom door to open across the thickness of the rug, which makes for slightly unusual rug placement, but stain is now out of sight, out of mind.


And now I can move on to a new strangely obsessive annoyance.

By the way, Overstock has some truly impressive rugs right now for a fraction of the price of other retailers.  Just search by "kilim" or "tribal" or "southwest" to get started.  Here's a few of the gems I found on my quest for the perfect rug that might need a place in your home:

Super on-trend Afghan rug on sale right now 6'7" x 9'6"
The perfect pop of color for under $200
Don't have what you are looking for at Overstock? Here's a quick round up from across the web (including a few that are on sale for under $100 from Bluefly!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments