Sweet Pattern Mixing Dreams

7:00 AM

I've always thought of the bedroom as a quiet place -- keep the colors neutral, the lighting soft.  You want to encourage sleep, right?  Then after my husband moved a huge TV onto our bedroom dresser, I realized that my approach was all wrong.  We're going to be spending a lot of time in here.  Awake.


So that's why I'm totally rethinking my space and tempted by the crazy pattern mixing featured by my favorite designers on the web.  Let me tempt you:

This look from designer Nick Olsen is definitely inspiring me at the moment.  A healthy mix of chinoiserie and pattern layering.  Perfection.  via
Turquoise and coral are a match made in heaven -- in any pattern.  Jaime Meares has this down to an art.  via
John Robshaw's bedding collections have quite an internet following.  The man knows how to mix a pattern.  With as much going on with this bed, it almost still feels subtle.  I know, right?  via

Apparently this entire bedroom look is from Home Goods.  More proof that if you know what you are doing you can make it work without expensive goods. via

Zak+Fox textiles with a cute Shiba Inu to boot. This mix of colors is definitely man-friendly which most of the florals and pinks I'm drawn to would fail. via

You Might Also Like

0 comments