Music Break

8:04 AM

I am prone to hating on new music.  So imagine my surprise when I heard not one but two new(ish) songs this week that I am really liking!  It took me by such a surprise I thought I should share in case you internet friends hadn't gotten the chance to hear these yet.

Ok so this song isn't all that new, but I am crazy about "Take Me To Church" by Hozier.  I am hearing it playing on our local current/pop radio station so maybe it is picking up some steam mainstream?  I could seriously listen to this all day.


My husband and I got 3 months of Showtime recently when I threatened to cancel DirectTV (by the way, if you need advice about canceling cable and internet services I spent a day doing it 2 weeks ago so I am skilled at how to get through the system now).  We have been watching an interesting male/female split perspective show called The Affair.  To be honest, I was hooked from the intro music.  Of course, it is by Fiona Apple so no surprise I love it.


Ok so it wouldn't be me talking about music if I didn't mention some really classic oldies.  I am obsessed with music from the 60s and early 70s (and I have to ask, why wouldn't anyone be -- this is iconic music, people!).  One of my throwback favorites is the 1970 little-known gem called "Patches" by Clarence Carter.  Please listen to this song.  To me, you can hear the future of music in this song.  You can hear the beats and soul that are going to bring music into the next decade (and eventually grow into both R&B and rap as the mixture of words and a musical hook took over).  And this is 1970!  I had to be talked out of playing this at my wedding.  I realize now that it isn't the best wedding song, but I really, really love it.


Hope you enjoy this little music break!


You Might Also Like

0 comments