Weekday Approved Cooking: Make Your Own Stromboli

8:03 AM

Unlike Lucy, I am not a natural chef, and to admit the truth, I can't really say I even enjoy cooking (though people tell me this enjoyment comes as you get better at it).  Anytime I can find a "fool-proof" recipe that says it is easy, and is truly easy enough that you could turn a kindergarten class loose with it, I am happy.   This stromboli recipe from Food-Mafia definitely fits the bill.

My ingredients.  Not too many to deal with on a weekday night.

Ingredients:
1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust  (If you follow the link to the original website they have you make your own crust, but if I had to do all that I would not be writing about this recipe.  The Pillsbury roll-out crust works great)
6-8 slices of salami
6 slices of provolone cheese
1/2 cup banana pepper slices
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon oregano

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Roll out pizza crust into large rectangle on a cookie sheet or pizza pan
3. Lay down provolone cheese slices, then salami slices, and then banana peppers across pie crust.
4. Starting from one end, roll up crust like a log.  Make sure to keep fillings tucked into the edge.
5. After sealing the edge of the roll, top with spreaded butter and sprinkle oregano over top.
6. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
7. Enjoy!
It makes a better picture if you don't do what I did and put the cheese on first, and then the salami.  But it tastes the same

All rolled up, and topped with butter and oregano

The Final Product.  It tasted just as wonderful as it looks.


You Might Also Like

0 comments