Around Raleigh

7:00 AM

There is so much to love about living in Raleigh, so today I'm sharing some of my favorite ways to spend time when I'm not working just enjoying our awesome home town:


I know it's hot out, but bring an ice cream and just walk around the flea market on a Saturday morning.  Whether you get mesmerized by lovely antiques or piles of baby doll parts and old keys, this is a world that you will happily dive into.

Recently I've seen a ton of great rugs at various booths!
And no shortage of Chinoiserie


The Food:

Literally there has been an explosion in the last few years of excellent independent restaurants popping up all over Raleigh, and I'm (not so) secretly trying to eat my way through every single one. It could take awhile.  

Lucy and I both love Dean's Seafood in Cary -- especially on Wednesday when they have half price appetizers (including crab legs!!).
And it's not blase -- you do need to get a steak at Angus Barn. Best served with wine right from their well-stocked wine cellar.
And the newcomers do not disappoint -- I tried Toast Cafe in Cary on Monday and it was everything you can ask of the perfect brunch/lunch spot.
And just driving around:

This isn't my house, but I drive by it every day going to work.  Yes, I creepily took a picture because who wouldn't be strangely obsessed with it -- it's adorable!
I haven't been here in years, but not far from NC State's campus MacNair Country Acres is a horse lover's paradise.  Sometimes I forget that Raleigh can be so beautiful via
Or you can spend a perfect Saturday evening patio sitting downtown, just watching Raleighites speed by in their native habitat with some of your best friends.

Still need more Raleigh?  Check out our blogger interview with Zillow featuring favorites from several of Raleigh's local bloggers!


You Might Also Like

0 comments