Master Bedroom Progress

6:00 AM


If you saw my post here, then you already know that my husband and I recently purchased a house and we have been working really hard to make it into our own home lately.  I shared some progress and inspiration for our living room here and here, which honestly was the room that needed the most work.  It is still a work in progress - more to come soon.  With our master bedroom, we knew painting it alone could make a huge difference.  The green on the walls wasn't bad at all, but it just wasn't my style and I wanted to brighten up the room more.   The picture above was my inspiration for our bedroom - I wanted to do something greyish without it feeling blah.  I know, I make so much sense.



I toyed around with the idea of painting it "Sea Salt" by Sherwin Williams for a really long time.  It is a popular color that I am sure you have seen all over Pinterest.




I still really like this color, but I could foresee myself getting tired of it and I knew my husband would never let me paint the room twice.  So I started to think about grays and found Benjamin Moore's gray owl.



I was really worried that our walls were going to feel like concrete slabs but I was pleasantly surprised when the gray color had a slight blue tint in them.  Paint colors are definitely different  depending on the light you get in the room. 






The room still isn't 100% complete as I need to figure our curtains, something for above our bed, and little things like pillows, lamps, etc.  Baby steps. Luckily, there isn't a neighbor behind our house that close so having no drapes on the windows haven't been an issue.   

Also, I want more pillows to add more pattern to the room.  The whole sunburst thing above the bed is so played out, but I still really like them.  Here are a few things I have my eyes on for our bedroom decor.














You Might Also Like

0 comments