Easy Cheese Appetizers

6:00 AM

I really try to photograph the results from my own kitchen but mine did not turn out this pretty. Better luck next time!
 
Brie is one of my favorite cheeses.  I love all cheeses really, except for blue cheese.  I just can't do blue cheese. Anyway, I finally tried out the Publix that opened near our place the other day.  Every one had me so hyped up that I wasn't that impressed.  Don't get me wrong, I have definitely been back and will go back but, how impressed can you be with a grocery store?  But I guess my expectations were just too high.  They were sampling baked brie and I knew I had to finally try this.  I had seen different variations on Pinterest but when the sample lady told me just how easy it was, it was no brainer.  Sample corners always get me.  Especially at Trader Joe's.
 
To make baked brie, all you need are brie, refrigerated pie crust or puff pastry, and some jam.  I used strawberry basil but you can obviously use any kind.  You just wrap the brie with the pastry and either put the jam inside or top it off on the outside.  Bake it in the oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes and it's done!  I felt like this would be the perfect appetizer option for the holiday season!  If you are feeling fancy, I found some other cheese appetizer variations on Pinterest that you could try.  Do you have any that you'd like to share or any tips on how to make them as pretty as the photo above?
 
 
Wine-Spiked Cranberry Cheese Log
 
 
Thyme and Garlic Baked Camembert
 
 
Praline Brie
 
 
Baked Goat Cheese
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments