Spicy Sticky Chicken Drumsticks

7:21 AM

 
Y'all.  This recipe is so yummy.  I always love finding Asian (Korean to be more specific) influenced recipes!  This glaze can use gochujang, which is a Korean spicy red pepper paste.  It is spicy but also sweet so it can add so much flavor to a dish, especially meat dishes.  When I stumbled upon Sandra's blog, I thought to myself, "where has this blog been all my life?"  She has so many recipes on there including many meals that have an Asian fusion to them.  I cooked up the chicken drumsticks with mashed potato casserole and sautéed kale, and we thought everything went really well together.  I doubled the marinade and the glaze because I had about 14 drumsticks.  The glaze is so yummy so I probably would have doubled that anyways.
 
 
Spicy Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
 
Ingredients:
8-10 chicken drumsticks
Drizzle of oil
Sprinkle seasoning for chicken (I didn't use this)
 
For the marinade:
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of 1 orange and zest
 
For the glaze:
3 TBSP honey
4 TBSP Asian chili sauce/paste (this is where I used gochujang)
Light soy sauce to taste (I didn't add this as I didn't think it needed it)
4 TBSP chicken stock/beef stock
2 TBSP lemon juice
Drizzle of sesame oil and sesame seeds for garnish
 
Directions:
  1. In a large Ziploc bag, place chicken drumsticks and add the marinade.  Mix well and marinade for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
  2. Heat oven to 400F.  Place drumsticks in a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
  3. Prepare the glaze. Mix all the ingredients together.
  4. When the chicken is done, transfer them to a sauté pan, and pour the glaze over the drumsticks.  Cook on high for about 5 minutes until the glaze gets thicker, turning them frequently.
  5. Serve with rice or potatoes!

 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm gonna make this soon. I'm so hungry right now but I'm at work T-T

    ReplyDelete