Collecting China

7:08 AM

I have an obsession with anything related setting the table.  Plates, bowls, mugs, platters, chargers, napkins, random bunny butter dish, you name it... I've got you. So when it came time to register for our wedding, it was an easy decision (for me at least) that I wanted to register for the Vietri Incanto collection. 

via

I know.  They are all white and could be boring to some of you out there.   But I am a firm believer in mixing and matching, and I knew that having this collection would be great to use all the other pieces that I already own and the ones I will collect over the years.  Some people mix and match within the Vietri family with different patterns but I am envisioning more color in my collection.


I knew that I wanted something that would last me over the years but also have them be our "everyday" dinnerware.  My husband and I were discussing the other day about this topic.  I think especially with our generation, people are registering and buying more "practical" china/dinnerware.  Sure, fine china and bone china are both beautiful but would I really use those pieces everyday?  I know for me, I would be so afraid of chipping or breaking one of my delicate pieces that I would just store mine away in a china cabinet for life and admire them from afar.  But I'm sure the rest of the world is not as clumsy as me ;)

via

via

Recently, I scored a major deal on these Johnson Brothers Blue Willow pieces.  Jenn and I both have a (healthy) obsession for blue willow and she has a beautiful collection of these at her home.  So when these recently when on sale for the wedding registry event, I knew I had to have them.  I know that these pieces will be great to mix in with our Vietri collection.  And with blue willow, you know that whatever other pieces you may find down the road, whether they are from great estate sales or amazing thrift store finds, they will all go together!  The pattern is definitely not for everyone as I do realize not everyone has our granny chic, Southern taste.  I'm so excited about finally having blue willow and can't wait to use them!



Here are some of the inspirations that went through my head with mixing and matching. 

via


via




You Might Also Like

0 comments